You have plenty of choices for commercial property energy efficiency. You want your buildings to meet or exceed code requirements for safety and energy savings and provide comfortable residency for tenants and clients.
Properties in this area of the country have specific insulation needs. You should partner with an insulation company that has local knowledge and experience.
Expert Insulation has over 20 years’ experience in new construction and retrofit commercial property insulation.
As a partner with the second-largest insulation provider in the U.S. (Installed Building Products), Expert Insulation can get the supplies and materials we need for your project faster and at lower cost. While other insulation contractors wait for shipments, we have what you need here and now.
We save money with group purchasing, and we share those savings with our area business partners (like you).
Call (877) 888-2780 or contact Expert Insulation to learn more.
Types of Insulation for Commercial Projects
Olmstead County and Rochester are in Southeast Minnesota, so our commercial buildings need to meet or exceed Climate Zone 6 insulation requirements.
An R-value represents an insulation material’s ability to resist heat flow. Higher numbers mean the material offers better insulation. Rochester was chosen to represent Climate Zone 6A in a 2021 climate/moisture analysis.
There are different R-value compliance codes for:
- Metal buildings
- Roof above-deck
- Metal buildings with R-5 thermal blocks
- Slab-on grade flooring
Commercial new construction insulation installation and retrofit insulation can include one or more applications:
- Air barrier systems: Creating a reliable air envelope through air-sealing is beneficial to your new construction. This maintains good IAQ (indoor air quality). Air barriers are often critical to the energy efficiency of specialist projects.
- Fiberglass batt: Fiberglass batts are a tried-and-true solution for exterior and interior wall insulation. It’s an affordable but effective option.
- Spray foam: This insulation choice is best for tight spaces with nooks and crannies. It’s great for retrofitting.
- Waterproofing: The moisture/humidity factor is high here, so preventing moisture infiltration is vital. Waterproofing minimizes moisture issues, repels pests, and contributes to better air quality.
We’re ready when you are. Questions? Call (877) 888-2780 or contact Expert Insulation.
Commercial Insulation for Buildings in Rochester, MN
All commercial new-build and retrofit insulation projects should promote energy efficiency as well as affordability. No insulation is better at energy efficiency than Expert Insulation’s SPF (spray polyurethane foam).
Our fiberglass insulation applications are made from recycled materials and qualify as sustainable, eco-friendly insulation.
- Can minimize/eliminate mold growth
- Contribute to a healthier environment
- Improve HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system performance and life span
- Make homes and buildings more comfortable year-round
- Protect against moisture
- Reduce outside noises and minimize inside noises
Expert Insulation solutions are used in:
- Agricultural buildings
- Amusement parks
- Athletic venues/stadiums
- Conference centers
- Entertainment venues
- Malls/retail centers
- Metal storage/outbuildings
- Mixed-use developments
- Multifamily units
- New-home construction
- Parking garages
- Storage facilities/warehouses
- Transportation stations
… and more.
Signs a commercial property needs additional insulation (retrofitting) are:
- Cold ceilings, floors, walls
- Frozen pipes
- Higher energy bills
- Ice dams
- Temperature fluctuations overpowering the thermostat settings
- Temperature variations (areas too hot/too cold)
- Water leaks
Expert Insulation professionals are … well, experts. Our prices aren’t higher because we have more experience. Project pricing is competitive and often lower because we have more resources.
Let’s make a plan for your next commercial project. You’ll need insulation for any renovation or new-build construction, and we’re the company you’ll prefer for knowledge and industry best practices.
Call (877) 888-2780 or contact Expert Insulation.